We welcome high school seniors in our membership area to apply for one of NCCU's two annual $1,000 scholarships. The application deadline is April 15, 2013. The criteria for applying for our scholarships is listed below:
1) Academics - Grades, Honor Roll, etc. (Transcript Required– Must be signed by a school official)
2) School Activities- School Government, band, clubs, sports, etc.
3) Community Service - Volunteer Programs, Girl/Boy Scouts, 4-H Club, etc.
4) Employment History - Work study, job after school, etc.
5) Membership - In order to be considered you must be the prime member on your account at Northwoods Community Credit Union. To qualify for consideration if you are not already a Prime Member on your own account, you need only open a share savings account with $5.00 at NCCU. Membership eligibility is required. Please contact a local office for details.
6) Essay– Topic - In Today's' Society, Why Is It Important That Schools Teach Personal Finance Management to All Students? Length: 300 - 500 words
Essay must include elements of the following:
7) Payment of Funds - Must complete first semester of post-secondary education and submit proof of enrollment for second semester before scholarship funds will be issued.
REMINDER: APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 15, 2013
We hope that you consider taking advantage of the opportunity to apply for one of these scholarships. To submit your application, you can apply online, stop into one of our offices and pick up an application or print the application and mail it in or drop it off at one of our offices. If you should have any questions concerning the application process, just contact any of our offices and they will be able to help you.